PRR photos at Harrisburg (circa 1950) -- from the
National Railway Historical Society (NRHS) - Harrisburg Chapter

 

 The following pictures were taken between 1948 and 1954 by John Dziobko Jr. (GodfatherRails.com).  They are copyrighted by John and are used with permission.  Click on thumbnail for larger version.

PRR engine 5790 (E8A B. EMD 1952) prepares to take a train east from the Harrisburg station.  Overhead is the Mulberry Street bridge.
E8A 5705 (B. EMD 1952)  in Tuscan red paint with five stripes sits in the PRR Harrisburg passenger station.  To the left are mail and express cars.
An eastbound freight heads out of the station and is about to go under Paxton Street.  On the left are some of the PRR coach yards in Harrisburg.
PRR B1 5691, a 1934 product of Juniata Shops, switches cars at the Harrisburg passenger station (far left, with dormers).  The building behind the electric locomotive is the Hoffman Building, which was home for a number of railroad offices. 
Class T1 5548, a 4-4-4-4 Duplex, draws a lot of attention from a group of admirers.

back